Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Community, Problem and Different Dimensions

In class we discussed that in studying religion and in religion in general, the sense of community is very important. I do agree with this because without the sense of community and people who agree with the same ideas I don't think there would be religion.

Also, Religion starts with a problem. I think that this is very similar amongst Religions. Humans want salvation and want to know that they can be "saved" or at least want to find an answer to a certain problem. How religions differ, however, is the way each religion or community takes care of a problem. The means of overcoming the problem is what religion is formed from.

There was something that I didn't quite understand during the lecture which was the different dimensions such as the emotional, aesthetic and cognitive dimensions? I wish we had gone into further discussion about these.

No comments:

Post a Comment