Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Hinduism and Vedic Religion

Vedic Hymn
 
 
 In class, we talked about the Vedic religion and a certain Vedic Hymn from Philip Novak's book, The World's Wisdom.
 
 
       
Then even nothingness was not, nor existence.
There was no air then, nor the heavens beyond it.
What covered it? Where was it? In whose keeping?
Was there then a cosmic water, in depths unfathomed?
 

There is an attempt to find the origin of earth and/or life.
We discussed that if the world couldn't come from nothing or something, then "creation" started with the existence of a God. How did God come into existence?


I'm not really sure if I believe any "creation" stories that exist in any religion or community. Rather, I believe that something happened that no one truly understands that allowed for the creation of the Earth or possibly God.

I'm still debate with myself if Earth came before "God", or if "God" came before Earth...or if God really exists.



No comments:

Post a Comment