Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pre-Axial/Post Axial

Pre Axial vs. Post Axial Religious Traditions
 
 A lot of the Pre-Axial religions started in between 700-300 BCE and included Daoism, Buddhism and Confucianism that were born out of China, India and other Asian countries. These religious traditions allowed a major shift in thinking in many different communities.
 
I relate a lot to the Pre-Axial traditions, and these are the ones that I have come to like to study about most since I have been in college and have come to like Asian culture/religion. These religions were focused on maintaining harmony.
 
 
 
Post Axial Religions are religions that are slightly younger than Pre-Axial religions and they allow a transformation to occur, usually amongst humans. These religions focus on the end of time and trying to fix the problems of the "end of the world".
 
 
I believe I relate to Confucianism/ other Asian Religious traditions because I like to maintain harmony amongst my friends and I would like to be able to believe in peace in the world, which is often brought up amongst the Pre-Axial religions.

No comments:

Post a Comment